Improvement thoughts on ADCPortal

Site Announcements
Crise

Re: Improvement thoughts on ADCPortal

Post by Crise » 08 Jun 2009, 17:53

Pietry wrote:It doesn't look too well yet but I think it's a start. The logo needs refitting and perhaps some more elements on the top header.
About more elements in the top header, no way, if I try to move even one thing there I'll need to reposition everything again (not fun, IE makes that certain) I spent practically whole last night and this morning trying to figure out how to make the new header look passable in IE7 (read: almost pixel perfect, though I only tested it in IE8's compatibility mode).

Pietry

Post by Pietry » 08 Jun 2009, 17:54

It looks kinda funny to me. BTW, how come you appear as online on the forums all the time? Is it that you really are or it's some bug ?
Just someone

Crise

Post by Crise » 08 Jun 2009, 18:32

Pietry wrote:It looks kinda funny to me. BTW, how come you appear as online on the forums all the time? Is it that you really are or it's some bug ?
Funny how, funny as in "broken" or? '(screen shot, remember to clear cache, since if you have outdated css files in cache it might look funnier than it is).

I have tried to keep it consistent between different browsers, but that is not so easy, I wish I could give you a picture that shows where the elements in the header "really" are and how they are moved by CSS.

About me being online it could be either, it is possible that it is caused by a change I did... but on the other hand my computer is usually on pretty much 24/7 and so the browser is open even though I may not really be on it. Though for the past day and a half I have been working on the layout pretty intensively since it really does take a lot of time when IE is concerned.

Pietry

Post by Pietry » 09 Jun 2009, 07:22

Ah, the cache clearing did it. Much better now. The autosizing looks indeed professional. Good work Crise :P
Just someone