The Forum's New Clothes (site style changes recap)

Site Announcements
Crise

The Forum's New Clothes (site style changes recap)

Post by Crise » 16 Jun 2009, 15:03

Forums have, finally, received a "new" look that befits them. To commemorate this joyous occasion I have pushed everyone to use this new "integrated" style.

The new site style does not support Internet Explorer 6. Anyone still using that is recommended to either upgrade to IE8 or if that's not possible install either Firefox, Opera or WebKit (Google Chrome, Safari) based browser.

If you do not like the new looks for some (weird) reason you are free to change back to any of the other styles. You can do this through your User Control Panel, there under Board Preferences you'll find a drop down list of available styles to choose from.

For all the subsilver fans. Unfortunately there won't be a subsilver alternative for the new look because subsilver2 will eventually be dropped by the phpBB Teams (and prosilver was actually easier to integrate to the current site layout than subsilver2).

To sum up other style changes that have been taking place site wide during the past week, for those that have not been following the previous news topic. We have received a new larger tab menu and a new overall wider layout which sizes according to your screen resolution.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the work done on the site, because it was the cause for several short outages in the past week. Also all users should refresh their browser cache, if the site displays oddly, because some browsers have the tendency to cache CSS stylesheets for far longer than necessary. If even after clearing your cache the site displays oddly or seems broken somehow please report it.

Any further improvement suggestions are welcome as well, though.

Pietry

Re: The Forum's New Clothes (site style changes recap)

Post by Pietry » 16 Jun 2009, 19:00

very good work Crise, congratulations.

ADCPortal looks way better now.

And from my point of view, the guys still using IE6 also don't have anything to use this site for.
Just someone

Crise

Post by Crise » 16 Jun 2009, 19:17

Pietry wrote:very good work Crise, congratulations.

ADCPortal looks way better now.

And from my point of view, the guys still using IE6 also don't have anything to use this site for.
Remeber users on pre-XP Windowses that can't use IE7 and newer (since afaik those are XP+ only) and don't know other browsers exists :P.

Toast

Post by Toast » 16 Jun 2009, 20:08

i got 1 thing to say NICE :)

Toast

Post by Toast » 17 Jun 2009, 19:50

• Browser Version
    1. 7.0 112 users 64.74%
    2. 8.0 39 users 22.54%
    3. 6.0 19 users 10.98%
    4. 5.5 3 users 1.73%
There is the list over our users thats below 6.0

22 users and i was one of them this month when i borrowed my aunt computer so 21 users is probly a more correct number
  • 1. Firefox 529 users 58.26%
    2. Internet Explorer 173 users 19.05%
    3. Opera 98 users 10.79%
    4. Mozilla 48 users 5.29%
    5. Chrome 32 users 3.52%
    6. Safari 16 users 1.76%
    7. SeaMonkey 7 users 0.77%
A total list over most common browsers here

Dj_Offset

Post by Dj_Offset » 20 Jun 2009, 21:10

I agree, this looks so much better! :-)

Pietry

Post by Pietry » 21 Jun 2009, 15:37

Finally something we all agree on =)
Just someone