StarHub was a pleasant surprise from the start.
Written in Java, the look is quite professional, with a simple and intuitive interface with nothing misplaced.
The features included are very interesting, with new ideas. The ads system is something I personally never seen before, and it could be very useful for open hubs.
The antiflood system is not perfect but it's a start that might have success on the marked since no other adc hubsoftware even tried to get close to such functionality.
I for one am very impressed about StarHub and mostly the short time that the developer had to create it, it must have been a hard work and I would like to give the thanks in the name of the community. I surely hope that we will soon have some real hubs using StarHub and people will consider it for their hubs. Also, this might be a good test for performance.
I had a first glance over it, and I can give the credit for the following features:
- GUI is a very big plus
- Customization is also interesting, user can change a lot of settings and restrictions
- Antiflood system
- PING implementation
- User commands using UCMD
- Java may bring performance penalties, we suggest using a profiler for finding bottlenecks ( TPTP for example )
- No license present, unknown status for source code (the code can be used with no limitations whatsoever and in any purpose ?)
- topic/hub name change can be reflected instantly on ADC hub , no reconnect needed
- problems on simultaneous connections
- problems registering users
You can checkout the homepage and screenshots present at the end of this article.