What do the DC++ users really want?

Site Announcements
iceman50

What do the DC++ users really want?

Post by iceman50 » 13 Jan 2011, 18:23

Hello all, I figured today I'd do a more relaxed article, something to give the users more of a voice since launchpad can be a pain and more users are probably more comfortable (or it's easier) for them to post on a forum. Today I ask the question, what do the end users of DC++ think is missing from DC++. Yes that's right it's a feature request thread, recently (about an hour or so ago) I posted a patch so you can right click the tray menu icon for DC++ and change your limiter speeds (albeit it's not completely finished since the values are 'hard coded' into the client unlike applications such as uTorrent where it changes based on the speed you select prior), but it is a start, so come one, come all, voice your opinion, what do you think DC++ is missing in terms of features?

Just remember for every user you have at least one idea, a closed mouth don't get fed, speak your opinion, sooner or later you will be heard, don't leave your voice in your mind or nothing will ever get done about, we all have the power to make change happen so let's start making it happen!
Last edited by iceman50 on 13 Jan 2011, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

Toast

Re: What do the DC++ users really want?

Post by Toast » 13 Jan 2011, 18:52

totally agrees in the topic that just remaining quiet about features that you want incorporated is a bad idea instead voice yourself and changes might occur.

Delion

Post by Delion » 16 Jan 2011, 18:37

100% automatic client update with saving all user settings.

Toast

Post by Toast » 16 Jan 2011, 19:17

that has been discussed the problem is actually US Law in this matter cause even if we wanna do it we cant due to p2p laws in the US since some of our developers are Americans along with the project being hosted in the US

https://www.eff.org/wp/iaal-what-peer-p ... yright-law

Crise

Post by Crise » 22 Jan 2011, 21:51

Toast wrote:that has been discussed the problem is actually US Law in this matter cause even if we wanna do it we cant due to p2p laws in the US since some of our developers are Americans along with the project being hosted in the US

https://www.eff.org/wp/iaal-what-peer-p ... yright-law
Coming bit late maybe but it is not that you can't do it... but that you shouldn't do it (boils down to the amount of control a developing party has, here it is recommended to relinquish any and all of it). Just posting this because I doubt most that read your response are not actually going to bother reading the linked article.