Suggestion

Whether you have a suggestion for the site or some tricky problem with it, this is the place for you.
Toast

Suggestion

Post by Toast » 16 Dec 2007, 11:13

[12:12:24] <Pietry> the main site should have more sections
[12:12:30] <Pietry> about adc - what it is
[12:12:32] <Pietry> what can it do
[12:12:34] <Pietry> adc extensions
[12:12:36] <Pietry> adc software
[12:12:37] <Pietry> adc people

Pietry

Re: Suggestion

Post by Pietry » 16 Dec 2007, 11:24

- how can a normal user contribute
- make some groups for each adc software.. like apexdc, dc++, dshub etc
- let users join the group , make the group appear in their desc
- in the group, the group manager will have a private forum with his users, like a kind of course they enroll
- also like some kind of disciples who are learning from the software creator and keep in touch with the latest development
- so they could answer questions posted by lesser users who just want to know something
- so let any developer ( group leader ) have its own blog and even his own subforum ( public and private area would be nice , also possibility do download files directly)
- he should also be able to upload files , etc
- let the leader assign ranks to the people in his group : example : expert, begginer in his soft ( about soft knowledge )
- or programmer or something ( about soft developing )
- let the groups interact by sending messages to other groups as a ticket so that other software could relate to it ( example : dshub sends ticket to apexdc saying : - get rid of those chinese funny chars when hub disconnects with STA message )
- let normal users ask for support to some group where not just the leader has to answer but all the members ( an expert or master of that soft should be able to answer most of the normal questions )
this is my idea of a nice community building here on adcportal
Just someone

Kryppy

Post by Kryppy » 18 Dec 2007, 10:59

i like Pietry 's suggestion and in particular this point:
Pietry wrote:- also like some kind of disciples who are learning from the software creator and keep in touch with the latest development

Because without a minimum of knowledge it is very difficult to be active (out of the traditional "funny corner" which is present in most forums :P ) and usefull for the community .

Crise

Post by Crise » 18 Dec 2007, 21:18

regarding requests in this topic, I'll work on them as soon as I can find the time... (not all of them just some) :)

Toast

Post by Toast » 10 Jan 2008, 17:22

i got an idea not sure if its possible but stil it would be cool

here i go ill try to explain it as good as i can

to have the largest adchub displayed at the front page of adcportal.com like this

Most Users Ever Detected on: <Hubsoft> - <Hubname> it had a total of <usercount>

it should download the xml file from adchublist.com and check users and hubsoft and name of hub and remeber the stats this isnt a nessery feat but it would be cool to have :D

Toast

Post by Toast » 14 Jan 2008, 17:48

The Blog thing for ADC People where ppl can setup thier own small corner for themself and speak thier mind pehaps with a profilelook over the person kinda like a private area for the user thats connected to the forum