Good
100%
Bad
No votes

Total votes: 2

Toast

About Magnetlink Handeling

Post by Toast » 30 Jun 2008, 15:43

Here is my question can the magnet link handler handle more then one magnet link per instance

(if not can it be improved to be more torrent like for instance open a file containing all of the magnetlink for once release).
[17:57:59] <Toast> thinking of proposing an idea to have .dcmagnet as a file format and if that is clicked the file gives the client all of the magnetlinks to the clients (kinda like a .torrent file)
The orginal Magnetlink Project

Toast

Re: About Magnetlink Handeling

Post by Toast » 01 Jul 2008, 08:56

Moved from developers subforum wanted to open a discussion on this topic

also i have a secondary thought that the file could contain a point of referance from where the files can be downloaded from

Crise

Post by Crise » 01 Jul 2008, 09:07

Toast wrote:also i have a secondary thought that the file could contain a point of referance from where the files can be downloaded from
Not a good idea, as generally plain magnet links are perfectly legal (because they only contain name size and hashes) but simply adding a source to the magnet link makes it much less legal already... a grey area.

Toast

Post by Toast » 01 Jul 2008, 12:30

okey but adding multi magnetlinks that shouldnt be a problem right ? it would simply the usage of magnetlinks