Syslog rework

Discussion and questions about clients
Toast

Syslog rework

Post by Toast » 25 Dec 2010, 16:45

This inital idea came about from a discussion on the public devhub when me and big muscle started to talk about the syslog and i said i wanted to remake it and bm said that he was going to remake it so we thought that it might be time to open up the whole idea so what we can get some sort of general consensus about what direction it could take since there is obviously potential in this topic.

Informational stuff could be: configuration settings, filelist refreshing, uploads and downloads, hashing

misconfiguration in client, or misconfigurated hubs (ctm warnings)

total mess ups obviously belongs here

The iconpack is licensed GPL and its made by the Oxygen Team this minor change in the syslog could improve how DC++ syslog works if we start marking what messages belongs to what instead of having everything in one big blurr.

i would like to propose that on each settings save it shows where it saved the configuration for newbies.The question is how much does DWT support can it do text beside icons ? or do we have to split each category into new tabs.

p.s the icons are links to the pack where png or ico is available.

Toast

Re: Syslog rework

Post by Toast » 25 Dec 2010, 19:07

Another thing ive been thinking about is a debug frame having it similar to sdc debug frame would also be great doing it in a similar manor to the sdc implementation having it categorized in hub, client, dht, perhaps also search spy thus removing it from its own window or adding actions to search spy to alert if certain names popup pushing em to syslog.

Big Muscle

Re: Syslog rework

Post by Big Muscle » 06 Jan 2011, 21:29

Posting current state of system log in StrongDC++.
Attachments
wx-syslog.png
Screenshot of system log
wx-syslog.png (66.73 KiB) Viewed 8853 times