Post your hubstats

Discussion and questions about hub software
Pietry

Re: Post your hubstats

Post by Pietry » 21 Jan 2009, 18:31

I don't think it's a good idea to release such a stresser for obvious reasons ( malevolent usage ).
About the DRES, imagine that on every single FSCH , 5 replies will be given by a lot of users and hub has to dispatch them to the searching peer... ( on normal searches I mean )
Just someone

Dj_Offset

Post by Dj_Offset » 22 Jan 2009, 11:55

Pietry wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to release such a stresser for obvious reasons ( malevolent usage ).
I disagree. It is trivial to create one (ask me or blastbeat), besides it is relatively easy for hubs to protect against these things; limit clients per IP (or deny certain IPs), or some more generalized flood control mechanism.
Pietry wrote: About the DRES, imagine that on every single FSCH , 5 replies will be given by a lot of users and hub has to dispatch them to the searching peer... ( on normal searches I mean )
I'm not convinced it is statistically significant, but I will try to do some measurements.

Toast

Post by Toast » 22 Jan 2009, 12:26

ATM its better to have these tools away from the public since there are no real good flood protections outthere we dont wanna spread more problem on the dc community..

so i agree with Pietry