Basic Questions about ACDH++

Discussion and questions about hub software
crazytown232001

Basic Questions about ACDH++

Post by crazytown232001 » 09 Jan 2011, 06:12

I am new to this. I am using a copy of ADCH++ GUI. I have gone through and configured everything. Upon trying to connect using a DC Client, I get connected, but my name is not listed in the hub, nor can I interact. After researching online, I read that it is required to connect using the format:
adc://somehub.com:411
I attempted a Quick Connect using the address, adc://myhub.myftp.org:2780
I get the message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I have also tried by ip address just in case it worked, but same error. I am plugged straight into my modem, with no hardware firewall in between. I have no firewall software running. Not even Windows Firewall. I am only running the ADCH++ GUI server software, DC++ Client software, and No-IP's software, which links the hostname to my dynamic IP and keeps it updated.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I don't find any manuals beyond setting up the software, and since I am using the GUI version, setup is pretty straight forward. Thanks.

Toast

Re: Basic Questions about ACDH++

Post by Toast » 09 Jan 2011, 08:06

Tried connecting on internal ip (Lan ip) too see if it responds ?