Lord Zeros Comment to client devs

Anything that doesn't fit the other categories
Toast

Lord Zeros Comment to client devs

Post by Toast » 23 Nov 2008, 08:42

Lord Zero (Team Elite Forums) wrote:Vektor

New postPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Client authors should remove http://www.dchublist.com, http://www.adchublist.com and http://www.hublist.org from their clients because these hublists are a big security risk for all NMDC users. Everyone who tried to load the public hublist in their clients or to vote for a hub yesterday was logged by a government server for doing so.
This may not be important for some people but most normal users who download a NMDC client don't expect their client to report them directly to government / police / riaa / mpaa / etc. for loading a public hublist or for voting for a hub.

Toast

Re: Lord Zeros Comment to client devs

Post by Toast » 23 Nov 2008, 08:50

Well i dont quite now what to say 4 major hublists are down im pretty speechless about the stagnation of direct connect. i know some security measures had been taken like blocking port 80 etc but that doesnt help when users still go with older versions
Catalin (MSN Log) wrote:Catalin says:
i have 122000 connections now
i got this late last night on msn Catalin was mostly of last night and with those high connection rating its not a wonder..

So here is my question for future version of client software and hub software can you all start to co op more so this doesnt happen again (AND PLEASE dont just say whatever cause this could easily happen to your site or project aswell).

more measures of security should be taken in order for Direct Connect or Advanced Direct Connect to survive, at this time the damage is done but perhaps a security thinking for all devs could change this towards the future all depends on you guys.

The sad part is that we know that Team Elite is behind this attack they want all client devs to use thier "shitty" hublist instead that has only nmdc support.

Code: Select all

http://hublist.te-home.net/
not going to make an open link of it. cause i dont want redirects from this place to their fucked up site sticking in their logs.

Pietry

Post by Pietry » 23 Nov 2008, 09:09

Lord Zero is flooding all major hublists , and now he claims government is logging the attacks? How pathetic is that ? Hublist owners had no solution but to move the dns addresses to some respectful site so that the attack is logged by proper authorities and now lord zero takes this out, how big liar and ass you need to be to do that?
Just someone

Toast

Post by Toast » 23 Nov 2008, 12:28

from hubs around dc wrote:[13:00:19] <.=Op-chat-Inf.=.> REPORT: user 'Admins' which is offline Reason='Visit ']['€AM€LIT€ Forum @ h t t p ://portal.te-home.net and read about security risk caused by dchublist.com's admins!'. reporter -- IP=' 61.146.178.124 ' Host=' ' User=' Brayoze '

en_dator

Post by en_dator » 23 Nov 2008, 16:06

that and similar messages has been spammed all over dc for a long time, diff ip, diff nick, its just a spam bot that easily ignored (and filtered :D )

Pietry

Post by Pietry » 23 Nov 2008, 19:44

At least hub owners and operators are smart enough not to trust anything coming from TE.
Just someone

chaos

Post by chaos » 24 Nov 2008, 01:17

All this trouble over 1 banned hub, (iss takel) hardly seems worth it. No idea why the other lists came under attack though, prehaps they spoke out of turn or breathed in the wrong direction. Theres lots I could say over all this bullshit but why bother stoking the flames, its not even worth thinking about. Move on, thats my motto of the day ;)