Vista Gadget API: Documentation

Here is documentation about protocols etc.
Toast

Vista Gadget API: Documentation

Post by Toast » 03 Apr 2008, 19:44

I know what you are thinking why the hell do i need to know this but here is my idea

Normal users loves small utilities for their programs so why not make a vista gadget for user clients so they can see simple functions in a gadget

that would go well with the users i do believe. Or for hubsoft makers stats time from the hub to a gadget also a nice feature.

Vista Gadget API

Pietry

Re: Vista Gadget API: Documentation

Post by Pietry » 26 Aug 2008, 07:37

It's a cool idea. One could have a gadget that connects to the hub and shows the stats. This could work with any hub. Though I have no idea how this gadgets are done, perhaps someone tried them over ?
Just someone

Toast

Post by Toast » 26 Aug 2008, 18:42

i think this could be done for dshub one could make a plugin that exports stats to XML at intervals and then make a gadget that reads the xml, simple enough :)

Pietry

Post by Pietry » 26 Aug 2008, 21:03

I was thinking of an actual bot that connects to the hub and gets some information from it . This would be hubsoft independent...
Just someone

Crise

Post by Crise » 27 Aug 2008, 04:19

Pietry wrote:I was thinking of an actual bot that connects to the hub and gets some information from it . This would be hubsoft independent...
Well the gadget api has it's limitations, after all the gadgets are mainly composed of xml like files... and the syntax doesn't let you do a whole lot.

Toast

Post by Toast » 27 Aug 2008, 17:23

well it cant be that hard the bot supplies XML files the XML Files are read by the gadget
First Embla then Lightweight HTTP Server then The XML Stuff

Then the Gadget then its done

Crise

Post by Crise » 27 Aug 2008, 20:45

Toast wrote:well it cant be that hard the bot supplies XML files the XML Files are read by the gadget
First Embla then Lightweight HTTP Server then The XML Stuff

Then the Gadget then its done
I know that, I was merely commenting on what Pietry wrote...