How to autogrant uploadslots for small files like jpgs?

GeorgeDorn

How to autogrant uploadslots for small files like jpgs?

Post by GeorgeDorn » 26 Oct 2013, 09:25

I seem to remember me being able to set a size limit for files I wanted to immediately autogrant slots for. Like bigger .nfo files or JPGs? Where can I find these settings now?

Also, I don't quite understand these queue settings in the manual. I know they have to do with download, and not upload.
Auto priority settings
Autoprio allows setting the queue item priority automatically when adding it to the download queue. A user can then change the priority of a file manually.
Priority conditions are checked from the Highest to the Lowest priority, when assigning a priority to a new queue item. A zero means that the given priority level won't be used - except Normal priority, which is the default priority. Lowest possible value for the Highest priority is 16 KiB.

Highest prio max size
Files with the same or under the entered size will be set to Highest as priority. (default: 64 KiB)
Normal prio max size
Files with the same or under the entered size, but above Highest and High prio max size, will be set to Normal as priority. (default: 0 KiB)
High prio max size
Files with the same or under the entered size, but above Highest prio max size, will be set to High as priority. (default: 0 KiB)
Low prio max size
Files with the same or under the entered size, but above Highest, High and Normal prio max size, will be set to Low as priority. (default: 0 KiB)
It's a little early in the morning but still. Would anyone eloborate a bit? That's be rad.

TIA,
George

poy

Re: How to autogrant uploadslots for small files like jpgs?

Post by poy » 27 Oct 2013, 23:38

To set the maximum size for "mini slots", check "Mini slot size" in Settings > Advanced > Experts only. Note that there can only be 3 mini slots granted at a given time, so increasing this value decreases the availability of your file list and other small files when these 3 mini slots are saturated.

Queue priority settings are simply a way to tell DC++ which files it should try to download first when it multiple files have been queued for the same users.

GeorgeDorn

Re: How to autogrant uploadslots for small files like jpgs?

Post by GeorgeDorn » 28 Oct 2013, 14:40

Thanks. I'll try to look into that. Also,I found the corresponding download options under "Downloads" -> "Download options".

Thanks.