DC++ 0.7091

Site Announcements
Pietry

DC++ 0.7091

Post by Pietry » 27 Nov 2008, 12:47

I thought that the new release of DC++ ( after a 3 months interval ) is worth posting for on ADCPortal front page. Also , I have to express my opinion about an issue I've been noticing around. Most of the clients getting a lot of credit these days are ApexDC and RSX++ , I don't want to say they don't deserve it and I also want to thank the respective developers for their commitment and lot of hard work, but I believe people are starting to forget about the old plain DC++. I highly appreciate the DC++ team ( dcdev ) for their work and what they are providing all the other client developers with . DC++ is the banner bearer in ADC development as well, all other clients mostly inherit all the features DC++ implements. UCMD, ADCS, ADC 1.0 are just a few of the things we most appreciate and we've seen in full force for the first time on DC++.
So my choice for this year, last year, and all the time since ADC started is DC++ for the innovation and freshness of implementation and design. I just have one more thing to say, keep it going this way ;)

Release : 0.7091
0.7091 comes out with the main goal to address the bugs that made 0.708 unstable, and also fixes more problems that were discovered lately in DC++. Help pages have been updated also for a better user interaction and OpenSSL was updated. We hope this new version will be more stable and especially more reliable.

Changelog :
  • Fix favorite users columns (emtee)
  • [L#249159] Prevent UI freeze when selecting lots of items in list views (poy)
  • [L#261172] Add favorite user & ADLS removal confirmation dialogs (poy)
  • [L#263108] Misc fixes related to search results grouping (poy)
  • [L#263390] Fix tray icon format (poy)
  • Resize finished DL & search spy check-boxes correctly (poy)
  • Help updates (poy, emtee)
  • [L#268353] Fixed TigerHash regression on big-endian architectures (steven sheehy)
  • Upgraded to OpenSSL 0.9.8i (poy)
  • [L#262540] Fix crash when closing a busy window (poy, arnetheduck)
  • Better header arrows for Common Controls < 6 (poy)
  • Fix keys in the "Connections" window (poy)
  • [L#289571] Fix non-responsiveness when the download queue has too many directories on Vista (poy)
  • Disallow fake connections to a few known hub list servers (poy)
  • [L#269098] Fix the users list not clearing itself out (poy)
Download DC++ 0.7091 (Installer)
Download DC++ 0.7091 (Source)
Download DC++ 0.7091 (Binary)
Just someone

adrian_007

Re: DC++ 0.7091

Post by adrian_007 » 27 Nov 2008, 19:42

just about the part about forgetting dc++.
in my opinion, dc++ should have a some way to extend app features. this way other people could make extensions to the client to bring more functionallity and new ideas (now a fresh developer has to get to know with the dc++ code to make a patch, and to get to know the code takes some time - if more you know about code, the more you can do for it).
good ideas are plugins or scripts (no in current form, like in rsx++ - see blueprints and post on my devblog).

Pietry

Post by Pietry » 27 Nov 2008, 20:16

The main idea is that DC++ is oriented for the regular retarded user. Just like DC++, StrongDC isn't adding any script feature into the client because it would overcomplicate the life of the regular retarded user. DC++ wants to keep things as simple as possible even if that makes it harder for the developers....
Just someone

adrian_007

Post by adrian_007 » 27 Nov 2008, 20:57

probably you know the simple rule - most of users will choose what look better and can be customized.
even if sdc is same thing that dc++ is [because it's based on it], sdc looks way more user-friendly than regular dc++

Pietry

Post by Pietry » 28 Nov 2008, 13:19

I agree, what I was trying to say is that a lot of the credit for any dc++ derivative work should go to dc++ programmers team
Just someone