ADCPortal Best Projects of the Year 2008 The conclusion

Site Announcements
Pietry

ADCPortal Best Projects of the Year 2008 The conclusion

Post by Pietry » 03 Jan 2009, 13:51

You probably all know about the contest/poll we've been having here on ADCPortal (although it was cut short due to flooding). The purpose of the contest was to figure out people's choice of the best project for ADC in each category (misc, client, hubsoft).

For the client side out of the nominees : AirDC++, ApexDC++, DC++, jUCy, LinuxDC++, RSX++, StrongDC++ and XMPL, the winner is RSX++ with a majority. We want to congratulate adrian_007 for his effort on the client and wish him that he will be winning more polls in the year to come as well ;)

And we will get him some bottles of wine because:
adrian_007 (from ADCPortal Support Hub) wrote:[2008-12-31 13:06] <adrian_007> well im gonna buy a bottle of wine today
[2008-12-31 13:06] <adrian_007> noone wants to support rsx++ development and nobody sent one for me :(
Also the runners-up DC++ and ApexDC++ deserve a lot of credit and all the projects that people benefit from everyday.

For the hubsoft side out of the nominees : ADCH++, DSHub, eHub, Luadch , Nexthub and uHub the winner is Luadch mainly for the innovation and real stability that has been proving this year.

Congratulations to blastbeat as well for his great work all the year and the market share that Luadch is got is growing by day also the feedback from the users is nothing but positive. Also don't forget about the other devs that have also been working hard on the projects, big thanks to all of them.

For the misc applications in the ADC world, out of the nominees : DC-Hublink, DCWatch, Embla and Oxygene2, the winner with no arguments is again AML , for the great help it does on the hubowners. We want to congratulate Toast and we will continue to use "that piece of crap" , I quote :
Toast (from ADCPortal Support Hub) wrote: [2009-01-02 14:01] <Toast> lol
[2009-01-02 14:01] <Toast> poor bastards actually voted for that piece of crap
because it's really useful for people and we hope we will see more updates coming and perhaps even more better ideas on detection methods. Don't forget the other devs that have also tried to make the ADC world a better place by connecting hubs, making bots or useful tools.

And in the end I am taking the liberty to pick the moderator's choice on the project of the year, that is Embla for the real possibilities that provides all developers with . Practically it provides a complete interface for an application over the ADC layer with no actual interference with the protocol, that can be used by anyone to develop an application no matter if that is hub, client or a bot.

Congratulations again to all the projects in here, actually nobody lost all the projects are winners and that was something I knew from start since all projects bring something new or help out in growing the community.

Add your comments from the past year about what you thought was good or bad :)
Just someone

en_dator

Re: ADCPortal Best Projects of the Year 2008 The conclusion

Post by en_dator » 03 Jan 2009, 16:16

Excellent :D
You are a good writer

Pietry

Re: ADCPortal Best Projects of the Year 2008 The conclusion

Post by Pietry » 03 Jan 2009, 18:18

Well don't expect me doing it all the time, you're a moderator as well so you should know whats happening around ADCPortal :D
Just someone