JexHls is using a command line interface, and the MySQL server to keep a database of the recorded hubs.
After looking over the project, I can point the following:
- using Java, the project becomes multiplatform.
- reg server only working for NMDC.
- pinger working for both NMDC and ADC.
- no ADCS reference, not supported.
- no GUI, or website framework for the hublist.
- there is no source code package in the files section, however, the project is under GNU Public License.
- very poor documentation, no manual, just basic readme.
I wasn't able to make the program work , I was trying to use the wizard to setup the database, but it seems that:
Trying to create tables...
Code: Select all
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `bans` (`address` mediumtext,`reason` mediumtext,`date` mediumtext) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1; java.sql.SQLException: Can not issue data manipulation statements with executeQuery(). Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at base.MySQL.simpleQuery(MySQL.java:138) at base.FirstRun.<init>(FirstRun.java:108) at hublistserver.Main.main(Main.java:21)
We here at ADCPortal wish the best of luck for the developer and invite him officially to take a role of Developer in the ADCPortal status system, and fill in the blanks about his project. We also hope that we will see a new version that will probably be better and with more features. Until then, we appreciate and we thank the developer for his commitment and the time he has been paying to the world of ADC.